You will inevitably be hurt, offended and deeply wounded in life. Your reaction however to all the wrong or unfair things done to you clearly reflects the true state of your heart. For you as a child of God, revenge is not an option. Learn to let go and let God because He has promised to take vengeance on your behalf. (Romans 12:19).
Here are a couple of quotes that hopefully will remind you that every time you take revenge you are actually taking the place of God and denying Him an opportunity to fight for you.
- Revenge is the raging fire that consumes the arsonist. – Max Lucado
- Revenge can only be found on the road to self-destruction. – Wayne Gerard Trotman
- The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself. – Eddie Vedder
- Revenge is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion. – Jeremy Taylor
- Revenge is starting a fire you can’t control. – Marty Rubin
- Revenge is not sweet; it is gloomy and a waste of time. – Anna Bayes
- Revenge is not a positive state of mind or energy to indulge your self in. – Michael K. Williams
- Revenge is never the answer. – Kasie West
- Let go of offence. Let go of fear. Let go of revenge. Don’t live angry, let go now. – Joel Osteen
- Revenge is self-defeating. It will eat you away until there is nothing left. – Chris Bradford
- He that has revenge in his power, and does not use it, is the greater man. – Wellins Calcott
- The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. – Marcus Aurelius
- Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind. – Juvenal Revenge is an infection of the spirit. – Jonathan Maberry
- The best revenge is to show them that your life is getting better after they’re gone. – Nishan Panwar
- The old law about an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- A man who contemplates revenge keeps his wounds green. – Francis Bacon
- Revenge is always sweet; it’s the aftertaste that’s bitter. – Joshua Caleb
- It is commonly said that revenge is sweet, but to a calm and considerate mind, patience and forgiveness are sweeter. – Isaac Burrow
Read more here You are not God.